Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In Rememberance

Just a short note before I decide to write a long blog about what really happened today. Jeff Kent has retired...I know, sad news. So this is in rememberance of the amazing career he had as a second baseman. I've only been a fan of him for two seasons, which is when I finally became a baseball fan and a Dodger fanatic, but during this time I have come to find out what a great player he is (or I guess was) even at the age of 39 and 40. He was the 2000 NL MVP, five-time All-Star and four-time Silver Slugger. He will retire with a .290 career batting average, 377 home runs, 1,518 RBIs and a .500 slugging percentage. His 351 home runs hit as a second baseman are 74 more than the next closest second baseman, Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg. So he a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame! I know I would vote for him! He is settling in Austin, Texas with his wife and four kids ranging from ages 5 to 12. But all in all, even though he is one of baseballs top 10 hot-heads, he was a good guy (from what I can tell at least) and a good member of the Church. So, even though he's still alive, I just wanted to say farewell Jeff Kent. I will always love you! (but don't tell my husband that!) Also, I'm just glad he retired with the Dodgers :)



1 comment:

Simonds Family said...

lol...when I saw the in remembrance title I thought someone died!